I may not be a Supermum to most, but to my monsters I am, that's all that matters, right?

Friday 3 March 2017

WHY WE PUSH THROUGH IT ALL | SUPERMUM AND HER MONSTERS

Yesterday was the first day going solo since my surgery last Friday. I'm drained, sore, split an incision and so tired. I well and truly agree that I've pushed myself too much.

But isn't that what us as mothers do? We push past the pain, fatigue and our needs. We put those little monsters needs first and ourselves as a last thought. Giving them the last of the food before we have even eaten. Buying them nice clothes whilst we haven't updated our wardrobe in years. Driving them to their singing, dance or soccer practices after we haven't stopped all day to eat, let alone go to the toilet. Staying up all night by their side, squeezed into a toddler bed trying to comfort them when they're unwell.

Today I felt like I couldn't stand any longer. The pain was consuming me. As I laid myself on the couch and curled into the fetal position, with voices in my head begging for the pain to stop. Just at that very moment Master Jaxon climbs up onto the couch next to me and says "you ok?". Bends over the top of me and kisses me ever so sweetly on the cheek. The immense focus I had on the pain suddenly seemed to be a quiet distant echo because just then that little voice of concern and gentle kiss made it all worth it. To that little 2 year old I am his lifeline, I am his everything and for that, I will continue to push myself when everyone else tells me to rest.

I am a Supermum in the eyes of my monsters and that's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment