I may not be a Supermum to most, but to my monsters I am, that's all that matters, right?

Sunday 12 March 2017

CHEATS GUIDE TO MY "FAKE-AWAY" INDIAN | SUPERMUM AND HER MONSTERS

Have you heard of "Fake-A-Way"....fake take-away! We do this in our house once a week. It is a great way to save money, and yet still have that amazing indulging treat for dinner. Our usuals are Hamburgers, Pizza and Indian.

For 10 years we have been going to this one particular Indian take-away shop. I recently moved and its now a 45 minute round trip and usually costs around $60.00 to feed all of us. I have finally found a way to re-create our favourite meal from that Indian shop. The votes are in and it is unanimous that its exactly the same. All up it cost me $17.00, that's a whopping $43.00 saving...WINNING!

Here it is, if you would like to give it a go.



CHICKEN KORMA

3 x chicken breast
Patak's Korma Paste
1 x cup of coconut milk
1 x cup of stock
Pinch of salt
Mission Garlic Naan Bread
Pataki's plain Pappadums

Place jar contents in slow cooker, add 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 cup of stock, pinch of salt and chicken. Put on high for 5 hours. At the end use a fork to pull apart chicken.

Pappadums; put oil in a pan, approx 2cm worth and heat on very high. Put pappadum in for 8-10 seconds. Done!

Naan bread; heat in microwave for 30-40 seconds.

I'll often have rice also.

It's that easy!!!!

If you would like any recipes from any of my other "Fake-A-Way" meals please let me know :)



2 comments:

  1. I've always used thigh in the slow cooker. Is there a reason you used breast for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say that. I was just discussing during the last time we had it that I thought thigh would be better. Great minds think alike. I'll let your know the comparison.

      Delete