I may not be a Supermum to most, but to my monsters I am, that's all that matters, right?

Friday 3 March 2017

NAP TIME...THE STRUGGLE IS REAL | SUPERMUM AND HER MONSTERS


How crucial are naps in your household? Today's nap felt more important than ever, for me...not so much for Jax!

Last night I headed to be at around 9.00pm, this is just about as common as a blue moon. I'm usually somewhat of  a night owl and fall asleep between 2-4am, trust me not for the lack of trying! I have a mired of medical conditions and its either pain, discomfort or side effects from my medication that keep me up to all hours of the night. I'm then up again at 7am to get my daughter Lilli ready for school.

One would think that me going to bed that time of the night that I would wake up peachy, far far from it today. You see, I normally take my medications around 9pm every night. Last night in my pure excitement of going to bed so early I forgot to take  my meds. Now these aren't simple medications that by taking it at your next dosage time (being first thing in the morning for me) you will feel better. The most important one out of the lot was one called Lyrica of which is basically a nerve blocker to help block the pain signals from damaged nerves. By missing this tablet I woke in excruciating pain. Feeling confined to my bed, as if I was a strapped down patient unable to communicate. It took some time but I managed to roll myself out of bed whilst walking like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame straight to the medication cabinet. I took my tablets and laid down. Whilst laying there consumed by the pain I could hear the kids playing around, it was like sunshine in a storm to hear their giggles at that very moment. Then the dreaded screaming commenced, from both! I hear Lilli yelling at Jaxon for spilling salt all over the floor and in response to this him screaming because she took it off him. Sudden realisation that today was not going to be a good day hit me...then mummy guilt wasn't far behind.

I felt my tablets kicking in and I mustered up all my energy to walk out and take control of the situation when at that very moment "control" was the furthest thing I was feeling. With a chronic illness its hard to ever feel in control often. I suppose because of this there are times I overcompensate and am way to pedantic and over the top, but that is a topic for another blog!

Once the salt was cleaned up I made and beeline for a ever so needed coffee. That too was one battle after another. As the drug Lyrica works on nerve cells and chemicals to your brain, I'm sure you could imagine it can then effect your concentration and motor skills. I notice that I had not turned the kettle on at the wall and I had been standing there in a complete daze for at least 5 minutes waiting for it to boil. So I switched it on at the wall and placed my coffee in my mug and poured the boiling water in. I then noticed the sugar in the container was basically non existent. People in this house obviously think is filled by the same fairy that replaces the empty toilet rolls!!! I start pouring the sugar...in my coffee cup!!! Ugh, today was shaping up to be a write off and  I was already longing for Jax 's nap time so I could just tune out from the world. But I already had reservations of the success of this mammoth task. For some reason this 2.5 year old has been fairly defiant at nap time.

This video is the outcome of this mission today. Whilst still defiant he is bloody hilarious and certainly uplifted my mood. It is a complication of videos taken today and sure put a smile on your face.

NAP TIME - THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!








No comments:

Post a Comment